15 January 2007

well, here we go again

Umm, I'm embarrassed, like the "going to school naked" dream that people have. Except that I AM naked at school. That, however, is not the source of my embarrassment. I'm actually ok with being naked in my office...it's very liberating.

What does embarrass me is that I have not posted here since October. I wonder if anyone still checks here. Anywho, good news...

I have found, finally, after 24 years, that dreams really do come true sometimes. For most of you people, they just happen and you smile your warm, fireplace smiles and think, "Gee, life is good. Maybe I'll pretend to be edgy and depressed by listening to some Perfect Circle or Evanescence." For me, I have to do some killing to get my shit happy. This story talks about one of those times.

Before Xmas, whilst surfing upon this great, blue wave we call technology, I found out that the Shins' next album will be available on Jan. 23. I pre-ordered it for $11. You can do the same here.

That took the edge off the razor for a few weeks until I saw something that literally, but not really, made my heart jump up into my empty brain cavity. The Shins, the vessel upon which I have placed my hopes and dreams for the past year (and especially the past 6 months), were finally coming to MN again.

I bought tickets. Right away. The instant that I saw them onsale. I have them on my desk right now. They glow.

Even though I didn't have to kill anything to get this dream to come true, that doesn't mean that I won't. So watch your backs.

4 Comments:

Blogger Froyd said...

I'm glad I'm not your officemate any longer.

10:02 AM  
Blogger stephen said...

Killing deer is good. The Shins are better.

And Froyd, I also am glad that you are no longer my officemate.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Froyd said...

That there hallway wasn't big enough for the both of us. An apocalyptic battle was on a few short days from happening when I graduated.

3:11 PM  
Blogger stephen said...

True dat.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home