14 September 2006

Dig this

I have been reading that damned Hillary Clinton article again. In fact, if I want to feel a great wave of misplaced rage at anything in particular, I link over to it and peruse at my own leisure. Here's something that I find funny and sad at the same time...as everything truly sad has undertones of hilarity, because, honestly, is it worth getting so worked up over something as to exert any real feelings for it? I think not.

"A recent poll found 62 percent of people 18 to 34 hold a favorable opinion of Clinton, highest of any age group."

Well, after that May 12 article, I really think that her approval rating is going to be right where it should be: between the white cheeks of my ass. The only damn reason her approval rating is that high among young people is that she is a NOVELTY item. She could've come to the podium with platforms like 'Platypus Restoration' and 'Glitter Bonnie Bell dispensers in every ladies room across the country' and young (and invariably dumb) people would still support her.

She is something new. Something risque (I hate that damn word, so it applies to Hillary Clinton). Something that the moral majority and the tottering Religious Right will oppose, so every fucking wannabe Johnny Rotten Billie Joe Armstrong Elliot Smith Hunter Goddamn Thompson under 30 will support her.

Imagine a gay black woman running for president. Every fucking civil 'rights' group, youth group, Democrat group would be behind that person in a heartbeat, calling anyone who offered friendly, old-fashioned competition to her a freedom hating fascist.

After all, what else does it mean to be a liberal but to hate the establishment?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home