14 September 2006

Have you ever stopped what you're doing in medias res: stopped chewing with a lump of mulch that used to be Salisbury steak in your mouth, quit reading mid-sentence so that the beautiful princess's lips are poised literally inches from those of her savior, or stopped talking in the middle of a thought, causing people to question your deftness as a speaker, or even as a member of the human race? Usually when I do this, something monumentally catastrophic has happened inside my head...I have come to a realization: a truth so huge and caustic that it shreds all previous thought, pushing them to furthest, frozen reaches of the rubble that used to be a whip-quick, acidic mind.

I think that has been happening to me lately. I hope it's that and not Alzheimer's...I certainly have had enough to think about lately. And more than enough to drive me crazy.

On a more positive note, at least more tangential, Froyd and I took a solid second place in Double Dash at his place last night. Would've been first but the other people were sober and we were drunk and screaming at each other and the screen and the other people at Froyd's house and the brown boxes on his floor and Millie who, bless her heart, tried to drive but failed almost as miserably as Froyd himself. Don't let Froyd bullshit you, he has no Double Dash skillz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home